In this issue
Medical Library Open House | Student Corner | Faculty Corner | Resource News
2nd Annual Medical Library Open House
Library Hours During Labor Day Weekend
Kresge Library, including all Medical Library spaces, will have the following hours during the Labor Day holiday weekend:
- Friday, September 4: Closes at 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 5: 7:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, September 6 & Monday, September 7: CLOSED
- Tuesday, September 8: Reopens at 7:30am and 24/7 resumes
As M1 and M2 exams are scheduled on Tuesday, September 8, we will be bringing a cart of textbooks to the Student Lounge for study over the weekend. Please do not remove the books from O'Dowd. We have done this in the past and all books have been returned to us. Another study alternative is the Beaumont Medical Library at Royal Oak, which also has copies of all the textbooks and 24/7 study for those with badges.
---------------------------------Medical Library Student InfoBites
For the fourth year, the Medical
Library is hosting a series of extracurricular lunch seminars that
complement information mastery topics taught in the curriculum. Join us for our first InfoBite in August -- Panera lunch will be served!
Survival Skills from the Medical LibraryRegister today via the online registration form!
- What: Hear survival tips and tricks from your upperclassmen and the Medical Library through a short presentation and M2 student panel discussion!
- When: Monday, August 31; 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Where: 110A O'Dowd
Resource News: New Titles in our Collection
Check out the new titles that have been recently added to our circulating book collection:
- BEING A WOMAN SURGEON: SIXTY WOMEN SHARE THEIR STORIES edited by Dr. Preeti R. John. 3rd Floor Kresge Library RD 31.5 .B45 2015
- BEING MORTAL by Atul Gawande. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 726.8 .G39 2014
- DOCTORED: THE DISILLUSIONMENT OF AN AMERICAN PHYSICIAN by Sandeep Jauhar. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 153 .J38 2014
- FENWAY GUIDE TO LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER HEALTH by Harvey J. Makadon. 3rd Floor Kresge Library RA 564.9 .H65 F46 2015
- HOW TO BE AN ALL-STAR RESIDENCY MATCH APPLICANT: FROM THE FIRST YEAR OF MEDICAL SCHOOL TO MATCH DAY by Jessica Freedman. 3rd Floor Kresge Library RA 972 .F73 2013
- INTERPRETING THE MEDICAL LITERATURE by Stephen H. Gehlbach. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 118.6 .G43 2006
- ISERSON'S GETTING INTO A RESIDENCY: A GUIDE FOR MEDICAL STUDIES by Kenneth V. Iserson. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 840 .JU84 2013
- THE REAL DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU SHORTLY by Matt McCarthy. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 154 .M156 A3 2015
- THE SICK ROSE: DISEASES AND THE ART OF MEDICAL ILLUSTRATION by Richard Barnett.
3rd Floor Kresge Library R 836 .B37 2014
- THE SUCCESSFUL MATCH: 200 RULES TO SUCCEED IN THE RESIDENCY MATCH by Rajani Katta. 3rd Floor Kresge Library R 840 .K5 2009
- UNDERSTANDING THE NEW STATISTICS: EFFECT SIZES, CONFIDENCE INTERVALS, AND META-ANALYSIS by Geoff Cumming. 3rd Floor Kresge Library BF 181 .C73 2012
We welcome book recommendations from faculty and students! Please email your suggestions to email@example.com
Contact our editor
Stephanie Swanberg at firstname.lastname@example.org