In this issue
You're Invited! Medical Library Open House | Student Corner | Faculty Corner | Resource Trials
This event is open to all OUWB students, faculty, and staff! We hope you can join us!
RSVP using our online form by Friday, July 18 if you plan to attend!
|Clerkship Textbooks & Resources for Step 2 Review & Prep A new year of clerkships is just around the corner so here are some resources that may help you!|
- Clerkship Textbooks - provides an up-to-date list of all the required and recommended textbooks for the M3 and M4 years. We also have two print copies of all clerkship textbooks in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room if you live near OU's campus and want to use them.
- Step 2 Revew & Prep Resources - the following resources are available to help you prep for your clerkship exams and Step 2 Exam:
- USMLE Easy QBank - if you already had an account to study for Step 1, all you need to do is Login > go to My Account on the top navigation > Select Step 2 CK > Save
- ExamMaster Online QBank - if you already have an account, login as usual > Go to Create Exams on the left hand navigation > Click USMLE > Step 2 CK Board Preparation and Step 2 CK Medical Subject Review contain thousands of questions
- Print Reference Collection - we've just quadrupled our reference collection of print USMLE prep books for both Step 1 and Step 2 including the Blueprints, Deja Review, Made Ridiculously Simple, and other series. They are located in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room. Even if you won't be studying regularly on OU's campus, you're welcome to stop by and browse through them to see if you might like to purchase any for your own collection.
**New** Cool Tool: Canopy Medical Translator App Funded by an award from the National Institutes of Health, this mobile app will help you communicate with
patients in many languages including Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, Arabic,
Russian and more.
Currently the app is only available for iPhone and iPad. To get access, click here or search for "Canopy Medical Translator" on the Apple App Store, and then use this access code unique to OUWB to unlock the app for free: 9110
Fourth of July Holiday Library Hours Kresge Library will observe University closures for the July 4th holiday weekend as follows:
- Thursday, July 3: CLOSES at 8:00pm
- Friday, July 4 - Saturday, July 5: CLOSED
- Sunday, July 6: REOPENS with 24 hour access at 1:00pm
The Medical Library has current trials to two new resources. Check them out and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think we should purchase them permanently!
- BatesOnline - provides streaming videos that accompany the book, Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking. Trial available until June 30.
- Northern Light Life Sciences Conference Abstracts Database - contains over 1 million conference abstracts from 1,400 life sciences meetings from 2010 - 2014. Excellent source for late-breaking information as topics are often covered here long before being published in journals and may be especially useful for systematic reviews. To access, follow the above link and click Northern Light Life Sciences Conference Abstracts Database from the list of resources. Trial available until July 11.
Come see the new spaces and learn about our exciting new technology & resources!
Contact our editor
Stephanie Swanberg at email@example.com