In this issue
Medical Library Remodel UPDATE | Student Corner | Faculty Corner | OUWB Publication List Q1 2014
Medical Library Remodel UPDATE
The Medical Library remodel is near completion and our new spaces are anticipated to open early next week! Here is an overview of our changes:
> INDIVIDUAL STUDY ROOMS The 7 individual study rooms have added insulation around the doors to reduce hallway
> NEW COLLABORATIVE STUDY ROOM located right next store to our original study room features:
- Large open study area with clusters of group tables, bar height tables, comfy chairs, and three monitors for group work
- Two breakout study rooms with Workware® technology allowing you to wirelessly project four laptop screens at once on wall-mounted monitors
- Four full skeletons (three male, one female) and six bone sets will now call the study space home!
> REMODELED QUIET STUDY ROOM The old Medical Library Study Room has been converted into quiet study and features:
- An array of new individual study spaces including carrels and pods - all wired with power!
- Standing work stations
- Textbooks and the USMLE review book collection
> MEDICAL LIBRARY OFFICE You'll find our medical library faculty and staff in our remodeled office area with individual offices and a consultation space!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mobile Apps Installation Drop-Ins In preparation for your clerkships, stop by the Medical Library Office any time and we'll help you install the essential mobile apps on your device including UpToDate and DynaMed for clinical information, Micromedex for drug information, and anything else you might be interested in! If you don't have time to sit down with us, we have detailed installation instructions on our Mobile Resources page...just click the ? icon next to an app.|
Library Summer Hours Kresge Library will remain open with 24/7 access throughout the summer (excluding holidays). The Medical Library Office will institute our summer hours beginning Monday, June 2 and will only be staffed Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 8:00pm. The Office will be open on Saturdays again beginning in August.
Last Information Mastery Program with CME! Join us for our last CME session this year to be held at Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak and Beaumont Hospital Troy! William Beaumont Hospital designates this training activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- June: RefWorks & Beyond: Introduction to Citation Management Systems This session will review RefWorks and compare its features and functionality to three other major citation managers. Basic skills on how to create a library of references, import PubMed search results, as well as insert and format selected references into a Word document will also be covered. Note: This session was previously offered in 2012.
- Instructor: Stephanie Swanberg
- Royal Oak: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 4:00-5:00pm, South Tower 3rd Floor Surgical Learning Center, Classrooms 1 & 2
- Troy: Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 4:00-5:00pm, Hospital Ground Floor, Computer Training Lab (near cafeteria -- see map)
Please contact Dr. Misa Mi at email@example.com with any questions or comments
Registration is available, but not required on the Beaumont CME Calendar. The complete schedule is also posted on the Center for Excellence in Medical Education (CEME) website under Upcoming Events.
OUWB Publication List
The Medical Library is pleased to publish the OUWB Publication List for the 1st quarter (January - March) of 2014 featuring the published work of OUWB faculty, staff,
and students! This quarterly report recognizes and
provides quick access links to our authors' books, book chapters, articles, published
abstracts, and MedEd Portal submissions. Click on the image to the right to read the
A special thanks to Evan Sprague, our Medical
Library Assistant, for the extensive time and effort he has put forth in
searching and documenting citations, and developing this publication
If your publication was inadvertently missed, please email
the citation to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will appear in next
Contact our editor
Stephanie Swanberg at email@example.com